Getafe salvages 2-2 draw against Athletic in Spanish league
European Football Headlines
- Paqueta proving he's worth the hype as settles at AC Milan
- Ronaldo misses penalty but Juventus beats Chievo 3-0
- Barcelona signs Kevin-Prince Boateng until end of the season
- Eibar defeats Espanyol 3-0 to end winless streak in La Liga
- Asian Cup: Japan tops Saudi Arabia, Australia wins shootout
- US investors take over Spanish 2nd-division club Reus
- Cole reunites with Lampard for Derby promotion push
- Huddersfield hires another coach from Dortmund reserve team
- Ronaldo to plead guilty to tax fraud in Madrid court
- Arsenal's head of recruitment leaves club after 1 year
MADRID (AP) Angel Rodriguez came off the bench to help Getafe salvage a 2-2 draw after twice trailing Athletic Bilbao in the Spanish league on Friday.
Rodriguez entered the match shortly after his team missed a penalty kick early in the second half, scoring the equalizer with a shot from close range in the 74th minute.
The result extended Getafe's unbeaten streak at home to seven matches in all competitions.
Inaki Williams put the visitors ahead in the 13th minute at Coliseum Alfonso Perez. Jorge Molina evened the match by converting a penalty kick in the 21st and Raul Garcia put Athletic ahead again three minutes into the second half.
Molina had a penalty stopped by Athletic goalkeeper Iago Herrerin in the 51st.
Getafe moved to seventh in the standings with 27 points from 20 matches.
Athletic, unbeaten in eight matches in all competitions, is in 10th place with 26 points.
More AP Spanish soccer coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/LaLiga
Updated January 19, 2018