Getafe salvages 2-2 draw against Athletic in Spanish league
European Football Headlines
- Cristiano Ronaldo expected to play for Juventus on Saturday
- Fulham's struggles give frustrated Khan more thinking to do
- Gerard Pique juggles business with soccer at Barcelona
- Red Star plans to challenge match-fixing allegation in court
- Many of Bayern's international players return after losses
- UEFA bans Rubin Kazan for 1 year in financial fair play case
- US wins CONCACAF qualifying final 2-0 over Canada
- Sporting Kansas City beats Vancouver Whitecaps 4-1
- Rodriguez, Sounders beat Orlando City, clinch playoff berth
- Rooney, Hamid help DC United beat Toronto FC 1-0
MADRID (AP) Angel Rodriguez came off the bench to help Getafe salvage a 2-2 draw after twice trailing Athletic Bilbao in the Spanish league on Friday.
Rodriguez entered the match shortly after his team missed a penalty kick early in the second half, scoring the equalizer with a shot from close range in the 74th minute.
The result extended Getafe's unbeaten streak at home to seven matches in all competitions.
Inaki Williams put the visitors ahead in the 13th minute at Coliseum Alfonso Perez. Jorge Molina evened the match by converting a penalty kick in the 21st and Raul Garcia put Athletic ahead again three minutes into the second half.
Molina had a penalty stopped by Athletic goalkeeper Iago Herrerin in the 51st.
Getafe moved to seventh in the standings with 27 points from 20 matches.
Athletic, unbeaten in eight matches in all competitions, is in 10th place with 26 points.
More AP Spanish soccer coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/LaLiga
Updated January 19, 2018