Brazil to play Austria in final warmup game for World Cup
European Football Headlines
- Chelsea condemns anti-Semitic chant by fans in Budapest
- Milan out as Sevilla, Villarreal advance in Europa League
- Bournemouth-Wolverhampton Preview
- Newcastle United-Huddersfield Town Preview
- Burnley-Tottenham Hotspur Preview
- Spanish 2nd-division club Reus on brink of extinction
- West Ham United-Fulham Preview
- What to watch in the leading soccer leagues in Europe
- PSG vs. Dijon among 5 weekend French league games postponed
- FIFA won't be bound by politics over sharing Qatar World Cup
VIENNA (AP) The Austrian soccer federation says Brazil will play its final warmup game for the World Cup against Austria on June 10, a week before the five-time world champions take on Switzerland in their Group E opener.
The match will be played in Vienna at Ernst Happel Stadium, the same venue where both teams last met in a 2014 friendly, which Brazil won 2-1.
Brazil has further build-up games against World Cup host Russia (March 23), world champion Germany (March 27) and Croatia (June 3) ahead of the June 14-July 15 tournament, where it also meets Costa Rica and Serbia in the group stage.
Austria failed to qualify for the World Cup but will also play friendlies against Russia on May 30 and Germany on June 2.
Updated March 19, 2018