Brazil to play Austria in final warmup game for World Cup
European Football Headlines
- JP Dellacamera to receive US Soccer Hall of Fame award
- Monaco keeps struggling with home loss to Angers
- 15-year-old striker Elliott plays for Fulham in League Cup
- Augsburg snatches late 1-1 draw as Bayern drops 1st points
- Giuseppe Rossi faces 1-year ban for doping case in Italy
- Bundesliga fans protest commercialization with silence
- Report: Berlusconi reaches deal to buy 3rd-division Monza
- Organizers claim 170 people tried to run on field at WCup
- Marseille striker Njie out for 3 weeks with thigh injury
- Real Madrid midfielder Isco needs surgery for appendicitis
VIENNA (AP) The Austrian soccer federation says Brazil will play its final warmup game for the World Cup against Austria on June 10, a week before the five-time world champions take on Switzerland in their Group E opener.
The match will be played in Vienna at Ernst Happel Stadium, the same venue where both teams last met in a 2014 friendly, which Brazil won 2-1.
Brazil has further build-up games against World Cup host Russia (March 23), world champion Germany (March 27) and Croatia (June 3) ahead of the June 14-July 15 tournament, where it also meets Costa Rica and Serbia in the group stage.
Austria failed to qualify for the World Cup but will also play friendlies against Russia on May 30 and Germany on June 2.
Updated March 19, 2018