Trapp's late blast lifts Crew past Orlando City, 3-2
European Football Headlines
- Piatti scores twice, Impact beats Toronto 2-0 to stay alive
- Inter left counting the cost of 1-0 derby win against Milan
- PK gives Red Bulls 1-0 win over Union, shot at best record
- Kljestan scores on PK in stoppage time, Orlando tops Crew
- Wayne Rooney scores twice, DC United wraps up playoff spot
- Atlanta United scores 2 first-half goals, beats Chicago 2-1
- Montpellier up to 3rd place after win; Saint-Etienne draws
- Espanyol wins 1st away match to take 2nd spot in Spain
- Atlanta United sets another season attendance record
- Egypt's Olympic body ratifies sanctions on Zamalek chief
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Will Trapp scored in stoppage time to give the Columbus Crew a 3-2 comeback victory over Orlando City on Saturday night.
Trapp scored on a deep blast, off an assist by Mike Grella, for his first goal of the season and second in his MLS career.
Sacha Kljestan gave Orlando the early lead, punching it in at the 16th minute when Chris Mueller missed a header off a cross from RJ Allen from the right side of the box. Columbus (9-7-6) tied it when Gyasi Zardes scored the first of his two goals at the 51st minute. The Crew kept the pressure on, but Mueller missed another header from the right side of the box minutes later.
Orlando (7-12-1) responded on the counter, and Stefano Pinho broke the tie in the 58th. Zardes tied it on a penalty kick 30 minutes later.
Bad weather pushed the start back 41 minutes.
Updated July 21, 2018