Trapp's late blast lifts Crew past Orlando City, 3-2
European Football Headlines
- Kenedy misses penalty as Newcastle and Cardiff draw 0-0
- Usain Bolt arrives for trial in Australian soccer's A-League
- Rapids-Los Angeles FC Preview
- Atlanta United tries to stay in first with win over Crew
- Morales scores twice as Levante wins 3-0 at Real Betis
- FOX Sports MLS broadcast will feature first all-female crew
- Five-time German Cup winner Schalke reaches second round
- Promoted Reims upsets Lyon 1-0 to move top of French league
- Lionel Messi left out for Argentina friendly games
- English Premier League wasn't always a global beast
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Will Trapp scored in stoppage time to give the Columbus Crew a 3-2 comeback victory over Orlando City on Saturday night.
Trapp scored on a deep blast, off an assist by Mike Grella, for his first goal of the season and second in his MLS career.
Sacha Kljestan gave Orlando the early lead, punching it in at the 16th minute when Chris Mueller missed a header off a cross from RJ Allen from the right side of the box. Columbus (9-7-6) tied it when Gyasi Zardes scored the first of his two goals at the 51st minute. The Crew kept the pressure on, but Mueller missed another header from the right side of the box minutes later.
Orlando (7-12-1) responded on the counter, and Stefano Pinho broke the tie in the 58th. Zardes tied it on a penalty kick 30 minutes later.
Bad weather pushed the start back 41 minutes.
Updated July 21, 2018