Serna pulls Rapids to a 2-2 tie against Real Salt Lake
European Football Headlines
- Kenedy misses penalty as Newcastle and Cardiff draw 0-0
- Usain Bolt arrives for trial in Australian soccer's A-League
- Rapids-Los Angeles FC Preview
- Atlanta United tries to stay in first with win over Crew
- Morales scores twice as Levante wins 3-0 at Real Betis
- FOX Sports MLS broadcast will feature first all-female crew
- Five-time German Cup winner Schalke reaches second round
- Promoted Reims upsets Lyon 1-0 to move top of French league
- Lionel Messi left out for Argentina friendly games
- English Premier League wasn't always a global beast
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) Dillon Serna's goal at the 88th minute lifted Colorado to a 2-2 tie against Real Salt Lake on Saturday in a match delayed 45 minutes by rain and lightning.
Serna entered the game at the 85th minute and replaced Kortne Ford. Shortly thereafter, Colorado's Edgar Castillo put together a run on the left side, weaved through Salt Lake defenders and fired a shot saved by Nick Rimando. Serna continued his run and from a difficult angle at left got the rebound past Rimando.
Damir Kreilach scored in the 11th minute for Salt Lake (9-9-3) on a lunging header off a cross from Joao Plata. Six minutes later, Plata made it a 2-0 contest with his shot off a cross from Jefferson Savarino.
Colorado (4-11-5) regrouped and Jack McBean scored on a penalty kick to make it 2-1 in the 33rd.
Updated July 22, 2018