Real Madrid loans teenager Odegaard to Vitesse
European Football Headlines
- Croatia's Rakitic back at Barcelona with hamstring injury
- Australia scores in stoppage time for draw vs. South Korea
- Salah Egypt's 'superman' again with last-minute winner
- Neymar scores from spot as Brazil beats Uruguay 1-0
- Dutch win over France demotes Germany in UEFA Nations League
- Mancini wants to 'bring Italy back where it belongs'
- Designer of Brazil soccer team kit dies at age 83
- Spain doubted again after consecutive Nations League losses
- Kenya loses appeal to be reinstated in Women's African Cup
- AC Milan preparing for new UEFA judgment on FFP violations
MADRID (AP) Real Madrid says it has sent teenager Martin Odegaard to Vitesse Arnhem on loan for the season.
Odegaard returns to the Dutch top division after spending 18 months on loan at Heerenveen.
The 19-year-old Norway midfielder has yet to break through at Madrid, where he moved soon after his 16th birthday as one of the most touted prospects in Europe.
Vitesse placed sixth in the Dutch league last season and is now coached by former Russia and CSKA Moscow coach Leonid Slutsky.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/tag/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated August 21, 2018