Chicago, Washington mayors wager on Cubs, Nationals series
- Baez hits 2 HRs as Cubs avoid NLCS sweep
- Tanaka bests Keuchel, Yankees go up 3-2
- Tribe's Brantley undergoes ankle surgery
- Slumping Astros eager to return home
- Homers doom Dodgers' Wood again
CHICAGO (AP) The mayors of Chicago and Washington are making a friendly wager on the outcome of the National League Division Series between the Cubs and the Nationals.
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Friday that he's wagering beer, sausage and steaks. Washington Mayor Muriel Bowser is betting beer and half-smokes.
The losing mayor also will make a donation to hurricane relief efforts in Puerto Rico.
Bowser says she's looking forward "to enjoying some of Chicago's most delicious treats." Emanuel says there's no doubt last year's World Series champion Cubs will "take the series."
The first game of the series is Friday night in Washington.
Updated October 6, 2017