Nationals assistant hitting coach Jacque Jones suspended
- Kemp rejoins Dodgers, Gonzalez to Braves
- Yanks keep Sabathia on 1-year, $10M deal
- Nats 2B Murphy hopeful of playing opener
- Phils, 1B Santana agree to 3 yrs., $60M
- Angels land INF Cozart for 3 years, $38M
WASHINGTON (AP) The Washington Nationals say that assistant hitting coach Jacque Jones has been suspended with pay pending an internal investigation.
The team says the suspension is connected to a legal matter.
The club announced Jones' suspension less than a half-hour before the scheduled first pitch of Game 1 of Washington's NL Division Series against the defending World Series champion Chicago Cubs on Friday night.
The 42-year-old Jones retired as a player in 2008 after 10 years with four teams.
More AP baseball: https://apnews.com/tag/MLBbaseball
Updated October 7, 2017