Nationals assistant hitting coach Jacque Jones suspended
- Cahill dominant, A's tie Astros for 1st
- Red Sox ace Sale goes back on DL
- DeGrom beats Phils with CG, ERA now 1.71
- Rockies get 3 in 9th, beat Braves in 10
- Cards top Brewers, move into 2nd WC
WASHINGTON (AP) The Washington Nationals say that assistant hitting coach Jacque Jones has been suspended with pay pending an internal investigation.
The team says the suspension is connected to a legal matter.
The club announced Jones' suspension less than a half-hour before the scheduled first pitch of Game 1 of Washington's NL Division Series against the defending World Series champion Chicago Cubs on Friday night.
The 42-year-old Jones retired as a player in 2008 after 10 years with four teams.
More AP baseball: https://apnews.com/tag/MLBbaseball
Updated October 7, 2017