Red Sox's Ramirez, Rodriguez have shoulder, knee surgeries
- Morgan asks Hall voters to ban PED users
- Ohtani likely to be up for bid next week
- Judge has shoulder surgery, OK by spring
- Rule-breaking Braves lose 13 players
- 5 minor leaguers suspended for drugs
The team said Tuesday that Ramirez underwent an arthroscopic procedure on his left shoulder, and Rodriguez had ligament reconstruction in his right knee. Both surgeries were performed by Dr. James Andrews in Florida.
Rodriguez is expected to return to pitching in six months. The team anticipates Ramirez will be ready in time for the 2018 season.
In his third season with Boston, Ramirez hit .242 and was second on the team with 23 home runs in 133 games. He started 108 games at DH and 17 at first base.
Rodriguez went 6-7 in 24 starts in 2017, missing a total of 40 games with right knee subluxation.
More AP baseball: https://apnews.com/tag/MLBbaseball
Updated October 17, 2017