Red Sox's Ramirez, Rodriguez have shoulder, knee surgeries
- Red Sox clinch third straight East title
- Semien powers A's in 21-3 rout of Angels
- Braves beat Phils, cut magic number to 4
- Jays stun Rays with 3 HRs in 7-run 9th
- Mattingly likely back as Marlins manager
The team said Tuesday that Ramirez underwent an arthroscopic procedure on his left shoulder, and Rodriguez had ligament reconstruction in his right knee. Both surgeries were performed by Dr. James Andrews in Florida.
Rodriguez is expected to return to pitching in six months. The team anticipates Ramirez will be ready in time for the 2018 season.
In his third season with Boston, Ramirez hit .242 and was second on the team with 23 home runs in 133 games. He started 108 games at DH and 17 at first base.
Rodriguez went 6-7 in 24 starts in 2017, missing a total of 40 games with right knee subluxation.
More AP baseball: https://apnews.com/tag/MLBbaseball
Updated October 17, 2017