Dylan Bundy to start Baltimore Orioles' opener
- Astros clinch AL West with 100th win
- Yelich's 6 RBIs lift Brewers over Cards
- Bryant bruises wrist, Cubs' lead now 1/2
- Dodgers lose on walk-off HR, lead at 1/2
- Scherzer becomes 17th to K 300 in season
SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) Dylan Bundy has been picked to start the Baltimore Orioles' opener against Minnesota on March 29.
The 24-year-old right-hander led the Orioles in wins last season, when he was 13-9 with a 4.24 ERA.
"I wasn't even expecting it or thinking it," Bundy said Thursday. "I was trying to get through spring training and work on the stuff I need to work on, and let things play out however they may be."
Baltimore's other starters are Andrew Cashner, who was signed last month and Alex Cobb, added Wednesday.
More MLB baseball: https://apnews.com/tag/MLBbaseball
Updated March 22, 2018