Dylan Bundy to start Baltimore Orioles' opener
- Encarnacion, Santana moved in 3-way deal
- Mets bring back Familia for 3 yrs., $30M
- Dodgers to ink P Kelly for 3 years, $25M
- M's GM pulls off trade from hospital bed
- Rangers sign RHP Lynn for 3 years, $30M
SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) Dylan Bundy has been picked to start the Baltimore Orioles' opener against Minnesota on March 29.
The 24-year-old right-hander led the Orioles in wins last season, when he was 13-9 with a 4.24 ERA.
"I wasn't even expecting it or thinking it," Bundy said Thursday. "I was trying to get through spring training and work on the stuff I need to work on, and let things play out however they may be."
Baltimore's other starters are Andrew Cashner, who was signed last month and Alex Cobb, added Wednesday.
More MLB baseball: https://apnews.com/tag/MLBbaseball
Updated March 22, 2018