Warriors coach Steve Kerr arrives in China after flying solo
- Cavs' Wade to bench, Smith back starting
- Whiteside, Schroder out for Hawks-Heat
- Suns fire Watson after 0-3 start
- Wolves stun OKC on Wiggins' 3 at buzzer
- Clippers PG Teodosic out indefinitely
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr has joined the team in China after flying separately because of a passport delay.
Team spokesman Raymond Ridder said in an email that Kerr arrived early Tuesday local time in Shenzhen, China. After a home preseason opener Saturday night, the Golden State charter plane departed Oakland on Sunday afternoon for two preseason games against Minnesota in China.
Kerr's passport had been held up in a processing delay by no fault of his own.
ESPN first reported Kerr's passport was among those delayed and he would be forced to travel on his own.
More AP NBA coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/NBAbasketball
Updated October 2, 2017