Mavs leave Carlisle and veterans players at home
- Magic already excited by LeBron's impact
- Knicks won't rush future building plans
- 76ers introduce ex-All-Star Brand as GM
- Cuban donates $10M after workplace probe
- Raptors GM says Leonard happy, healthy
By TERRANCE HARRIS
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle did not make the trip to Orlando for a preseason game against the Magic due to illness.
Dallas officials said associate head coach Melvin Hunt will stand in for Carlisle on Thursday night.
Carlisle was not alone in not making the trip. Veterans Dirk Nowitzki, Wesley Matthews, Harrison Barnes, Nerlens Noel, J.J. Barea, Josh McRoberts and Devin Harris also will not be in Orlando to face the Magic.
The Mavericks (2-0) are coming off a 118-71 home win over the Chicago Bulls on Wednesday night. Assistant coach Kaleb Canales also did not make the trip to Orlando so that he can remain in Dallas to work with the veteran players who remained at home.
Updated October 5, 2017