Pacers G Oladipo sidelined by right knee injury
- Old rivals Celtics-76ers kick off season
- Warriors host OKC to open title defense
- Butler to join Wolves for Spurs opener
- Wizards name Mystics' Toliver assistant
- Nets' Carroll undergoes ankle surgery
CHICAGO (AP) Indiana Pacers guard Victor Oladipo has been ruled out for the second straight game because of a sore right knee.
Oladipo started each of Indiana's first 33 games before he missed Wednesday night's 98-94 loss to lowly Dallas. Coach Nate McMillan says he also will miss Friday night's game at Chicago, and calls him "doubtful" for Sunday's matchup with Minnesota.
McMillan says Oladipo "needs to rest the knee and we have to give him some time here."
The 25-year-old Oladipo was acquired in the offseason trade that sent Paul George to Oklahoma City. He is averaging a career-high 24.9 points and 5.3 rebounds per game in his first season with Indiana.
For more NBA coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/NBAbasketball
Updated December 29, 2017