Injured Austin Rivers to miss Clippers' game against Hornets
- Old rivals Celtics-76ers kick off season
- Warriors host OKC to open title defense
- Trail Blazers owner Allen dies at 65
- Pacers extend Turner for 4 years, $72M
- Cavs extend F Nance for 4 years, $44.8M
LOS ANGELES (AP) Clippers guard Austin Rivers will miss the Los Angeles' game Sunday against Charlotte after injuring his right Achilles.
The team said he is day-to-day after an MRI taken Saturday revealed no soft tissue injury or structural damage.
Rivers, the son of Clippers coach Doc Rivers, was hurt in a victory over the Lakers on Friday night.
He is averaging career highs in points (15.8), assists (3.6), steals (1.25), 3-point percentage (40 percent) and minutes (32.7).
Updated December 31, 2017