Knicks' Porzingis tears ACL in left knee
- Walker scores 43 as Hornets beat Celtics
- Westbrook returns but Kings hold off OKC
- Embiid's 33 and 17 lift 76ers over Suns
- Randle's 21-14-10 get Pelicans by Spurs
- Clippers rally by Hawks, extend run to 5
NEW YORK (AP) The New York Knicks say All-Star Kristaps Porzingis has torn the ACL in his left knee.
Porzingis was hurt in the second quarter of New York's loss to Milwaukee on Tuesday night. He dunked with 8:46 left in the half and landed awkwardly, crashing to the court and holding his left knee. He was eventually helped up and taken to the locker room.
He left the arena for an MRI exam that revealed the injury.
Porzingis had scored 10 points before he was hurt. He was selected last month for his first All-Star appearance.
Updated February 6, 2018