Knicks' Porzingis tears ACL in left knee
- Former Spurs GM Bass dies at 89
- Irving to visit North Dakota reservation
- Robertson's title ring sells for $91,000
- 'Melo signs $2.4M deal with Rockets
- Wade will be with Heat if he plays
NEW YORK (AP) The New York Knicks say All-Star Kristaps Porzingis has torn the ACL in his left knee.
Porzingis was hurt in the second quarter of New York's loss to Milwaukee on Tuesday night. He dunked with 8:46 left in the half and landed awkwardly, crashing to the court and holding his left knee. He was eventually helped up and taken to the locker room.
He left the arena for an MRI exam that revealed the injury.
Porzingis had scored 10 points before he was hurt. He was selected last month for his first All-Star appearance.
Updated February 6, 2018