Kemba Walker to replace Porzingis in NBA All-Star Game
- Clarkson: Flagbearer ranks with finals
- Rebuilding Hawks add Hamilton, Poythress
- Former Spurs GM Bass dies at 89
- Irving to visit North Dakota reservation
- Robertson's title ring sells for $91,000
NBA Commissioner Adam Silver selected Walker on Thursday for the opening on Team LeBron that was created when Porzingis tore his left ACL on Tuesday.
Walker will make his second straight All-Star Game appearance. He is averaging 22.6 points and 5.8 assists.
Porzingis was the fourth player drafted by captain LeBron James who had to be replaced because of injury, joining DeMarcus Cousins, Kevin Love and John Wall.
The NBA also says Detroit All-Star center Andre Drummond will replace Porzingis, the defending champion, in the Skills Challenge.
More AP NBA: https://apnews.com/tag/NBAbasketball
Updated February 8, 2018