Booker undergoes hand surgery, expected out for 6 weeks
- James, Ball have triple-doubles in rout
- Harden has 2nd straight triple-double
- Bulls rally from 21 down to stun Spurs
- Pistons end Celtics' 8-game win streak
- George scores 33 to lift OKC over Clips
PHOENIX (AP) Phoenix Suns star guard Devin Booker has undergone surgery on his right (shooting) hand and is expected to be sidelined for six weeks.
That would cause him to miss not only all of training camp but probably the first couple of games of the regular season.
The Suns said in a brief statement that the surgery was performed in Los Angeles on Monday by Dr. Steven Shin to repair the fifth metacarpophalangeal joint.
It's the same hand that bothered him late last season. Booker, last season's NBA 3-point champion, signed a maximum five-year, $158 million contract in the offseason.
For more AP NBA coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/NBA and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated September 10, 2018