Lias Andersson sent back to Swedish League by Rangers
- Blackhawks beat Wild, win fifth straight
- Knights top Panthers, move atop Pacific
- Jets return favor with shutout of Blues
- Flames roll, Canucks' Boeser hurts foot
- Avs' Johnson banned 2 games for boarding
NEW YORK (AP) The New York Rangers have sent rookie center Lias Andersson back to his Swedish League club.
Andersson, who will be 19 next month, was selected No. 7 overall in this year's NHL draft and impressed during training camp. However, he was loaned back to Frolunda among the moves announced Thursday as the Rangers trimmed their roster.
Centers Vinni Lettieri and Boo Nieves and defensemen Ryan Graves and Neal Pionk were assigned to Hartford of the AHL, Bobby Farnham was released and Matt Puempel was waived.
The Rangers also announced 18-year-old center Filip Chytil earned the Lars-Erik Sjoberg Award, given to the rookie in training camp. Chytil, selected No. 21 overall, had a goal and two assists in four preseason games.
Updated September 28, 2017