Ducks captain Getzlaf out after surgery on broken cheekbone
- Pens D Schultz breaks leg, out 4 months
- Predators down Wild for fifth win in 6
- Sparks, Kapanen lead Leafs past Kings
- Drouin nets 2 as Habs keep Wings winless
- Anderson stops 37 as Sens top Stars 4-1
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) Anaheim Ducks captain Ryan Getzlaf will be sidelined up to two months after surgery for a broken cheekbone.
The Ducks announced the extent of their latest major injury Tuesday.
Getzlaf was hit in the face by a puck early in the Ducks' game at Carolina on Oct. 29. He has missed Anaheim's past three games, and he had surgery Monday.
Getzlaf has one goal and six assists in six games this season for the five-time defending Pacific Division champion Ducks. He led Anaheim to the Western Conference finals last season, scoring 73 points in 74 regular-season games and adding 19 points in 17 playoff games.
For more NHL coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/NHLhockey
Updated November 7, 2017