Jets center Mark Scheifele out 6 to 8 weeks
- Vegas extends Tuch for 7 years, $33.25M
- Predators top Flames for 4th win in row
- Suter's 3 points lift Wild over Stars
- Panthers beat Caps in SO for first win
- Coyotes' Dvorak out with torn pectoral
WINNIPEG, Manitoba (AP) Winnipeg Jets top-line center Mark Scheifele will miss 6 to 8 weeks with an upper-body injury.
Jets coach Paul Maurice confirmed the injury on Thursday.
Scheifele was hurt in Winnipeg's 4-3 win over Edmonton on Wednesday after taking a hit from the Oilers' Brandon Davidson.
Scheifele has 15 goals and 23 assists in 38 games this season.
More NHL hockey: https://apnews.com/tag/NHLhockey
Updated December 28, 2017