NHL suspends Predators' Forsberg 3 games for hit on Vesey
- Ducks beat Isles to improve to 5-1-1
- Ovechkin scores 2 as Caps edge Rangers
- Gallagher's late goal gets Habs by Blues
- Frolik has 2 goals as Flames beat Bruins
- Ducks sign holdout Ritchie for 3 years
The NHL announced the punishment on Sunday.
Forsberg hit Vesey behind the Rangers net in the second period Saturday night, and the league ruled Forsberg committed interference for starting the hit after Vesey had passed away the puck. The NHL also noted Forsberg was suspended for making "significant" contact with Vesey's head.
Vesey was hurt and did not return in a 5-2 loss to the Predators.
Forsberg had not been fined or suspended previously in his 303 career NHL games. Forsberg is second on the Predators with 38 points and just returned Thursday from his own injury. His suspension will start Monday night on the road against the Islanders.
Updated February 4, 2018