Coyotes acquire defenseman Robbie Russo from Red Wings
- Hurricanes' Staal on IR with concussion
- Rangers D Shattenkirk out 2-4 weeks
- Ex-ref wants women officiating in NHL
- Ovechkin hat trick lifts Caps over Wings
- Oilers beat Avs for fourth straight win
GLENDALE, ARIZ. (AP) The Arizona Coyotes acquired defenseman Robbie Russo from the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday for a conditional seventh-round pick next year.
The 25-year-old former Notre Dame player had nine goals, 23 assists and 81 penalty minutes in 75 games last season for Grand Rapids in the American Hockey League. He had two penalty minutes in 19 games for Detroit in 2016-17.
The 6-foot, 192-pound defenseman was drafted by the New York Islanders in the fourth round in 2011 and signed with the Red Wings as free agent in August 2015. He's from Westmont, Illinois.
Updated June 24, 2018