Stars forward Mattias Janmark signs $2.3M deal for 2018-19
- Oilers fire McLellan, hire Hitchcock
- Caps D Orpik expected to miss 4-6 weeks
- Blues have no timeline for hiring coach
- Eichel's OT goal pushes Sabres' run to 6
- Laine's hat trick puts Jets over Canucks
FRISCO, Texas (AP) Dallas Stars forward Mattias Janmark has signed a $2.3 million contract for the 2018-19 season.
Janmark was a restricted free agent before the deal announced Wednesday by the team.
After missing all of 2016-17 because of a preseason knee injury, the 25-year-old Swede played 81 games last season for the Stars. He had 19 goals and 15 assists, including two shorthanded goals and four game-winning goals.
General manager Jim Nill said Janmark is a strong and versatile player who always makes his presence felt when on the ice.
Janmark had 15 goals and 14 assists in 73 games as a rookie in 2015-16. He also had two goals and three assists in 12 playoff games.
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/tag/NHLhockey
Updated July 25, 2018