Stars sign restricted free agent Gemel Smith to $720K deal
- Sabres top Jets in SO for 4th win in row
- Dickinson OT goal lifts Stars to 1-0 win
- Kings' Petersen tops 'Hawks in 1st start
- Oilers swap Strome for Rangers' Spooner
- Penguins' Crosby could miss 1 week
FRISCO, Texas (AP) The Dallas Stars have re-signed restricted free agent center Gemel Smith to a $720,000, one-year contract.
Smith has played in parts of the last two NHL seasons with the Stars. He was their fourth-round draft pick in 2012.
Dallas announced the deal Friday.
The 24-year-old Smith had six goals and five assists in 46 games last season. His six goals came on 42 shots.
In his NHL debut in 2016-17, Smith had three goals and three assists in 17 games. Smith has 35 goals and 51 assists in 186 games for the Texas Stars in the American Hockey League.
Updated August 3, 2018