Rangers acquire defenseman Adam McQuaid from Bruins
- Kadri nets 3, Leafs push Caps' skid to 7
- Struggling Oilers fire GM Chiarelli
- Saros stops 47 as Predators top Vegas
- Habs edge Coyotes in Galchenyuk's return
- Staal scores 2, Wild defeat slumping Avs
The teams announced the trade Tuesday before the Bruins flew to China for two exhibition games. Boston gets a 2019 fourth-round pick and a conditional seventh-rounder in a move that clears space for younger players on the blue line.
New York adds size and experience with the addition of the 6-foot-4, 212-pound McQuaid, who has played 462 regular-season NHL games. McQuaid, who turns 32 in October, has 66 points in his career and one year left on his contract at a salary-cap hit of $2.75 million.
Kampfer, who turns 30 in late September, returns to the Bruins after being drafted in 2007 and making his NHL debut with them in 2010.
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/tag/NHLhockey
Updated September 11, 2018