Rangers acquire defenseman Adam McQuaid from Bruins
- Preds' Watson to return from suspension
- 'Hawks stop 8-game slide, beat Blues 1-0
- Chiarot snaps tie in 3rd, Jets down Caps
- Avs score 4 in 3rd to rally past Bruins
- Fleury blanks Ducks as Knights win 5-0
The teams announced the trade Tuesday before the Bruins flew to China for two exhibition games. Boston gets a 2019 fourth-round pick and a conditional seventh-rounder in a move that clears space for younger players on the blue line.
New York adds size and experience with the addition of the 6-foot-4, 212-pound McQuaid, who has played 462 regular-season NHL games. McQuaid, who turns 32 in October, has 66 points in his career and one year left on his contract at a salary-cap hit of $2.75 million.
Kampfer, who turns 30 in late September, returns to the Bruins after being drafted in 2007 and making his NHL debut with them in 2010.
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/tag/NHLhockey
Updated September 11, 2018